TGIF, Chucksters! Judging by the influx of emails that came in after last week’s inaugural column, it looks like Chuck fans are eager for answers! Before we get to the questions, let me remind you that I won’t be giving away major spoilers here, but there are some minor spoilers ahead. You have been warned.
- I was wondering since Shaw was not in Episode 306 does that count for one of the 8 episodes? If it does not that would take him to the first part of season three ending. – Dylan
Hey Dylan! I believe your question is whether episode 3.06 counts as one of Shaw’s approximately eight episodes, correct? No, it does not. Your math is correct; Shaw will be in episode 3.13.
- Will we be diving into the General’s background or could she be Mama Bartowski? – Lou (not OldDarth)
We won’t have time to delve into the General’s background this season. We may get some glimpses, like in episode 2.02 when it became clear that she and Roan have a past, but as of now there aren’t any plans to focus an episode on her. And I’m 99.9% sure she’s not Chuck’s mom.
- People tend to ignore me whenever I ask this question. Maybe because it’s a stupid question or maybe I missed it on the show. Can you tell me why is the Castle is called the Castle? Please help me. I’ve been wondering about this for a long time. Thanks so much, Mel. – @sofiaohyea
Didn’t your teachers ever tell you there’s no such thing as a stupid question, Sofia? I think the reason no one has answered you is because they don’t know. The name of Team Bartowski’s secret lair (can it be a “lair” if they’re the good guys?) has never been explained. My guess? The writers thought it sounded cool and a little kitschy. Kind of a throwback to previous spy shows, which is something they love to do.
- Great job you and your associates do with the ChuckTV website. It is an amazing site.Â We appreciate your efforts. My question is will we see Julia Ling (Anna) in the last six episodes? Keep up the amazing efforts. – Pat
Thanks, Pat. We sure do enjoy running the site and doing the podcasts. Chuck fans are fun! On to your question: Julia Ling finally made it official via Twitter this week that she’ll be back on Chuck this season. She’ll be filming next week, so expect Anna back on your screens in late April or early May.
- My question is one you probably donâ€™t have any insight into, but do you have any idea if weâ€™re ever going to meet Caseyâ€™s parents? We saw him call his mom in season 2â€™s Christmas episode, and I think that could be a hilarious storyline, especially if his parents turn out to be something really un-stereotypical. Perhaps his dad is some sort of science geek â€“ something like that where theyâ€™re the polar opposites of him. – Mike
We probably won’t see either of his parents this season, but we will be finding out more about Casey’s past starting in 3.10. The big guy has an interesting storyline coming up that will give us more insight into his character. It’s possible we could bump into one of the older Caseys toward the end of the season, but my bet is that we’ll meet them – either in the present or via flashback – in season 4. Who would you cast as his parents? Someone suggested Betty White for Mama Casey. Please, let it happen!
And that’s five! If you’ve got burning Chuck questions, send ‘em my way and I’ll do my best to answer them in future Friday Fives.