Earlier this week I had the opportunity to go to the Chuck set and watch them film part of episode 4.07, “Chuck vs. the First Fight“. NBC requested that we hold most of the episode-specific intel until closer to when this episode airs on November 1, so I thought I’d share some random, non-spoilery moments from the set with you in this week’s Friday Five.
- Ana Gasteyer is a huge True Blood fan. In our interview with her, she joked that she’s using her guest appearance on Chuck as a springboard to True Blood. If only she’d known earlier that one of the True Blood directors is directing the Halloween episode of Community, also filming this week.
- Yvonne rehearses her scenes in stocking feet. Her wardrobe on this particular day included a gorgeous pair of high-heeled black boots. Instead of running in them over and over while rehearsing and blocking the scenes, she took them off and ran around in her socks. Definitely more comfortable, and pretty adorable as well.
- Although there weren’t any burping contests and no one broke into song, the between scenes activity was still fun to watch. At one point, Zac was jumping up on a bannister and bouncing off again over and over. A few minutes later, Yvonne decided to see if she could do the splits on that same bannister; she could.
- Linda Hamilton happily chatted with everyone around her or wandered off to explore the set between takes. She and Yvonne had their heads together a few times, and Zac was teasing her after one particular scene. This is clearly a woman delighted to be working on Chuck.
- Timothy Dalton’s stunt double almost gave me a heart attack. When he reported to the set, he looked so much like Brandon Routh, I thought I was seeing a major, major, MAJOR spoiler. But once he was attired in a replica of Timothy’s wardrobe and had his hair colored and styled to look the same, the shock wore off.
Keep an eye out for our next episode of Chuck vs. the Podcast (probably coming Saturday) which will have more scoop from the set, including an interview with Zachary Levi. And of course we’ll have a feature closer to when “Chuck vs. the First Fight” airs.