Mel’s Note: She Said reviewer Cay is stepping in for the Friday Five this week with some Things We Want To Know.
We are only 4 episodes into Chuck season 4 â€œback 11â€ and many new questions have begun to emerge since the midseason finale wrapped up a lot of plot points. I canâ€™t complain because Iâ€™ve always been someone who likes to re-watch all the episodes ad nauseum and then analyze every minor plot point looking for answers. Judging by the message boards and live chat, Iâ€™m certainly not alone. So, to start/continue the analysis, here are my questions so far:
- Is Vivian good or evil? At first I was sure she was evil, now I think she is good, but she might be headed for evilâ€¦and I have a feeling that itâ€™s going to be a while before we know for sure. Bonus question: What was with the pictures and other mementos of her life Volkoff kept â€“ more than meets the eye, or was he planning that far ahead to manipulate her?
- How does Volkoffâ€™s lawyer seem to know *everything* that goes on with Vivian? Heâ€™s starting to remind me of Q from ST:TNG â€“ he sees all and knows all, and is happy to use his knowledge to manipulate people.
- What the heck are they building in the new secret tunnel in Castle? Obviously something big that they are being surprisingly un-clandestine about. Whatever the TR476 is, it must be important to Casey to keep it secret if heâ€™s willing to have Morgan move in to protect the secret. (Morgan and Casey as roommates = comedic gold)
- What international event is going to interrupt Chuck and Sarahâ€™s wedding? You know that it just canâ€™t go smoothly, especially after Ellieâ€™s disaster first attempt and the rocky courtship of our beloved leads. Maybe our favorite Russian supervillain will escape custody in time to play wedding crasher? We can only hope!
- When will Ellie finally realize that Chuck is still with the CIA? In 4.14, Ellie basically forgave Mama B and gave Mama B her blessing to continue her lifeâ€™s work with the CIA. In 4.16, when Sarah gets carried away with the wedding plans, Chuck reminds Ellie that he still works at the Buy More (which also serves to remind us that she still doesnâ€™t know the truth). Itâ€™s once again starting to get painful to have Ellie in the dark. How long can it last, especially with her spending more time with Sarah?
What do you guys think? Do you have other questions, or do you want to speculate on the answers to these? Let me know in the comments!