Mel’s Note: Cay takes over the FF this week with a discussion of her favorite Chuck episodes of all time.
Since the season finale a few weeks ago, I’ve had time to reflect on the path of our favorite show over the past 4 years. I was thinking about which episodes are my favorite of all time and came up with a list. Interestingly enough, all are heavy mythology episodes, many of them season finales (or possible series finales), with lots of suspense, high stakes, and important family moments for Chuck. Here are the episodes that made my list:
- Chuck vs the Other Guy (3.13) – This episode had it all – suspense, humor and romance. My favorite Chuck scene of all time is from this episode – where Sarah and Chuck have their magnificent heart-to-heart after his evening of liquor fueled Guitar Hero. Chuck confronts and kills (?!) Shaw on the bridge in Paris to save Sarah. She wakes up in the hotel the next morning with him watching over her and the Eifel tower visible from the window – definitely a fabulous hour of TV!
- Chuck vs the Pilot (1.01) – As this is the episode (of course!) that I always show to friends to get them hooked, I’ve probably seen it two dozen times and it never gets old. The first time it aired live, I was so impressed with the writing and the characters as well as the humor that Chuck was my favorite show by episode 2. Four years later, the episode has stood the test of time and continues to be entertaining no matter how many times I see it.
- Chuck vs the Subway (3.18) – Ellie finds out about Chuck’s secret life (well, most of it!), Shaw returns from the dead, Ellie, Awesome and Morgan team up to save Chuck, Sarah and Casey, and Shaw kills Papa B… This episode was so well written and scored that the suspense is palpable, even after multiple viewings. I was yelling at the TV throughout this episode when it aired live!
- Chuck vs the First Fight (4.07) – The introduction of Timothy Dalton, first as Gregory Tuttle, and then as Alexei Volkoff, continued the debate over whether Mama B is good or evil as well as bringing us one of the most fascinating and entertaining guest stars to ever grace the show. Chuck and Sarah are forced to confront some important relationship issues as well as family issues when Orion’s lair is destroyed and Mama B’s allegiances remain unclear. Even without all the other subplots, the stellar acting of Dalton is enough to elevate this episode into my top 5.
- Chuck vs the Ring (2.22) – Chevy Chase, one of Jeffster’s biggest (and greatest) performances, a beautiful beach wedding for Ellie and Awesome, and Chuck seizing control of his own destiny and uploading Intersect 2.0 made this a finale to remember and had us buzzing all summer long. “Guys, I know Kung Fu” - Chuck. “CHUCK ME!” – Casey
What are your favorites? Tell us in the comments!