When my friends and buy online prescription propecia I are waiting around for something, we sometimes play the “If I Ruled the World” game wherein each person lists the things that they would change if they were in charge of everything. With only 13 episodes of Chuck left and over two more months of waiting around to go, I thought it might be fun to play the “If I Ruled Chuck” game. Yep, time for us all to sound off about how we do and don’t want our beloved series to end. Obviously, like in “If I Ruled the World”, we aren’t in charge. But, just because we aren’t in charge, doesn’t mean that we can’t have fun and pass time discussing our ideas and opinions for season 5.
I’ll get the ball rolling. If I was in charge of season 5 of Chuck, here’s what I would want to see:
- Chuck being successful with or without the intersect, because he’s using his brain and his geek skill set. This doesn’t mean that I want Chuck to suddenly turn into James Bond (we saw what happened to his doppelganger in Last Details), as Chuck without his dorky geek creed is not nearly as much fun (how can you beat diffusing one bomb with a juice box and another with a porn virus?). I’d just love for him to be bumbling when it’s okay to be and newsletter strong when he has to be. I want for him to be saving the day rather than being saved.
- Better integration of the Buy More plots. I’ll admit that I was one of the people who was thrilled when the Buy More imploded and disappointed by its subsequent resurrection and often gratuitous use in subsequent episodes. Now that Chuck and Sarah own the Buy More, though, I see the chance for more seamless reintegration of the Buy Morons into the main plot lines, more like in S1 and 2.
- Speaking of the Buy More, how low can Jeffster go? I’m really not sure, but I hope to find out in season 5. I’m hoping for some more outrageous but integrated Jeffster moments ala “Push Mix” and “Couch Lock”. Maybe they finally start using their substantial spying/stalking skills to investigate the new owner of the Buy More or wander into the middle of a mission that only they are suited for? Some of the funnier moments of the show have happened when Jeffster is doing what they do best – horrible covers of popular songs, interfering with Team Bartowski and stalking people. (“I know that dumpster!”)
- More strong standalone plots. Although those who read my favorite episodes Friday Five a few weeks back know that I’m a sucker for the mythology episodes, I can’t dispute that some of the most entertaining and fun episodes of the series have been standalone episodes. Seasons 3 and 4 have been heavier on mythology and lighter on standalone episodes than S1 and 2. Thus, it’s not surprising that many fans’ favorite episode from S3 was “Honeymooners”, a stellar standalone episode. I’d love to see more episodes in a similar vein.
- Make it a family affair. Now that Chuck and Sarah are freelancing, it would be fun to see Ellie and levitra 10mg Awesome get involved in missions when appropriate. Ellie clearly has brains to spare and team Bartowski is likely to need a doctor once in a while. Plus, you never know they might need Awesome to take his shirt off for some important mission… With cool code names like Hot Mama and Six Pack, how can they be left out of the action?
So, that’s what I want to see. I don’t have a firm plot arc in mind, it’s more just small pieces that I would like to see woven into the final season so we can hopefully recapture some of the magic and lightness of S1 and 2.
On the flip side, there are two things that I really don’t want to see:
- Pregnant Sarah. It took the girl 4 years to be able to commit to Chuck. We’ve seen her discomfort around Clara. Chuck and Sarah need time to get used to being married, uber-rich, and in charge of their own company (and the Buy More!). I don’t even want to see this plot in the finale.
- Constant changing of the Intersect “rules”. Papa B spent 20 years trying to get the Intersect out of Volkoff/Winterbottom, but Decker suppressed it in 20 seconds flat with a pair of fancy sunglasses. Earlier attempts by Fulcrum to intersect people were fatal. Chuck nearly died because the Intersect was malfunctioning until he got his Governor, which has not been mentioned since and no longer seems necessary for the latest Intersects. The Intersect previously required updates, but at the end of S4, Chuck was able to flash on current events like Vivian’s mine hideout. I suspect that the lack of a “bible” on the Intersect is due to the constant cancel/renew/new writers seesaw that Chuck has been on since the beginning, necessitating dramatic extensions of previously planned plot lines that haven’t necessarily had excellent continuity outside of the character development. Even though I understand how it has happened, it still bugs me every time the rules change.
So, those are my thoughts. Now it’s your turn. What do you guys want to see/don’t want to see? Any plot ideas?