This is a somewhat indulgent Friday Five, but I think we’re all geeky enough to appreciate it, right? Also, the final season of Chuck is being billed as “a love letter to the fans.” Well, this fan wants to see Keanu on the show! Here are five reasons he should make an appearance.
- Trinity & Neo, together again: Carrie-Anne Moss has a recurring role this season, and reports from the set are that everyone is loving working with her. How cool would it be if she got to reunite with Keanu thanks to Chuck?
- There’s a bomb on a bus: An entire episode idea with a built-in cameo opportunity in just 6 words. (You just went and counted, didn’t you?)
- I’ve had a crush on Keanu since 1990-ish: Yes, since Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure (on VHS, remember that?). In my defense, I was quite young and it wasn’t that I thought the movie itself was so great (although I do use the phrase “be excellent to each other” on occasion), just that the actor playing Ted seemed pretty awesome.
- Think of all the possible pop culture references: There’s The Matrix connection, obviously, but also Speed, Bill & Ted, Point Break, “Whoa”…that stuff almost writes itself!
- He knows Kung-Fu: On an action series like Chuck, it helps if the guest stars can throw a roundhouse kick followed up with a pithy line. I’d say Keanu has that covered.