Hey Chucksters, we hope that all our American fans had a great Thanksgiving and are slowly coming out of your turkey-induced coma. Or maybe you’ve been up since midnight in line at the Buy More…er… Best Buy waiting to buy a TV or XBox. Either way, it’s hard to deny that the holidays are upon us. Thinking back over the past 4+ seasons, we’ve shared many holidays with Chuck. There have been Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Thanksgiving-themed episodes over the years, so it seemed appropriate this week to reminisce about some of my favorite holiday-themed Chuck episodes.
Top 5 Holiday-Themed Chuck Episodes:
1) Chuck vs Santa Claus (S2) – definitely a fan favorite! A guy dressed as Santa takes the Buy More hostage and Fulcrum is onto Chuck. Add to that multiple Die Hard homages, Morgan elfing it up, and that final scene in the Christmas tree lot when Sarah executes the Fulcrum agent to protect Chuck, while he looks on in horror, and you’ve got the holiday episode by which all others are judged.
2) Chuck vs the Leftovers (S4) – Okay, technically not Thanksgiving because the whole episode took place on Black Friday, but they were eating T-giving leftovers, so close enough! I loved this episode for Timothy Dalton and his warm-and-fuzzy-one-minute, ruthless-killer-the-next persona. You may think your family holidays are awkward, but can they compare to playing charades (Lawrence of Arabia!) with your estranged mother and her international arms dealer and multiple murderer “boyfriend” in your living room?
3) Chuck vs the Nemesis (S1) – Bryce is back! And so is Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Morgan reaches new levels of ecstasy over Ellie’s sweet potatoes, much to Anna’s disgust. Bryce agrees to turn himself into the CIA and Chuck arranges the transfer to occur in the Buy More on Black Friday. When the transfer goes bad, the Buy Morons are forced into a “Pineapple” situation and the store is evacuated. Chuck’s safety then hinges on his ability to speak Klingon. What’s not to love?
4) Chuck vs the Sandworm (S1) – The first holiday-themed episode! Chuck sees a bit of himself in Lazslo, a CIA computer prodigy that turns out to be a bomber, and the Morgan-Chuck bromance hits its first snag when they fight over Morgan’s immaturity. Luckily all is reconciled in time for them to wear their customary two-person Sandworm costume to the big Halloween party. To add to the fun, we get Sarah in a slave Leia costume, and Devon wearing nothing but a fig leaf.
5) Chuck vs the Aisle of Terror (S4) – Another Halloween episode, guest-starring none other than Freddy Krueger himself, Robert Englund. His doctor-with-a-deadly-mind-destroying-virus is scary, but not as scary as the things that are in Jeff’s head as personified by Jeffster’s Sugar-Plum Fairy-scored “aisle of terror” photo montage of horrifying things such as feet, old people, otters, and babies in snail costumes (is it a baby, or a snail?).
What do you guys think? Did you like these eps, or did you prefer other holiday themed ones?