Author Topic: Season 3 Episode 4: Chuck Vs Operation Awesome  (Read 15812 times)

OldDarth

Season 3 Episode 4: Chuck Vs Operation Awesome
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:34:35 AM »
Post episode specific only comments.  No spoiler(s) discussion are permitted in this thread.

Members are encouraged to review the forum guidelines to ensure that their posts stay within the guidelines.

Thanks in advance. - OD

Chuck Vs Operation Awesome

TO SAVE AWESOME FROM THE RING, Chuck MUST TEACH HIM HOW TO BE A REAL SPY-ANGIE HARMON (”LAW & ORDER”) AND BRANDON ROUTH (”SUPERMAN RETURNS”) GUEST STAR-When Awesome (Ryan McPartlin) is mistaken for a super spy by the evil Sydney Price (guest star Angie Harmon), Chuck (Zachary Levi) must become his handler and show him the spy ropes. While on a mission for The Ring, they meet the mysterious Daniel Shaw (guest star Brandon Routh). Meanwhile, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) gets promoted to assistant manager and must deal with Jeff (Scott Krinsky) and Lester’s (Vik Sahay) latest hijinks. Sarah Lancaster and Mark Christopher Lawrence also star.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:05:40 PM by OldDarth »

Offline claire

• Agent With A Gun
Re: Season 3 Episode 4: Chuck Vs Operation Awesome
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 07:32:51 PM »
Is it ok, to post in here now? If not please delete.

But this episode ROCKS!! This is by far my favourite episode so far.

Offline AgentMel

• Envies Lester's Parcheesi prowess
  • Administrator
  • Agent With A Gun
    • ChuckTV.net
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »
Angie Harmon as the baddie is FANTASTIC. Brilliant casting. And wasn't Shaw's arrival pretty much the best character intro since the pilot? This episode is so, so, so good.

Offline AgentMel

• Administrator
  • Agent With A Gun
    • ChuckTV.net
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 07:40:52 PM »
And there's the "I am in charge of this mission now" line that was getting so much discussion. Love that Chuck the computer genius worked the plan. Confident Chuck is HOT!

Offline claire

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
I loved that Shaw asked Chuck for a better plan when he started whining about the risks. That´s what I wished they had done in the Cole arc.

Offline AgentMel

• Administrator
  • Agent With A Gun
    • ChuckTV.net
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 07:50:45 PM »
Get used to that from Shaw. I doesn't like whiny Chuck, either.

Offline claire

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 07:55:35 PM »
Especially because having him provide his own plan is such an obvious solution to it. And he usually has really great ideas. I really thing it was a necessary step to have someone new in the team, now that Chuck wants to be a spy. Sarah and Casey are just too used to the unwilling Chuck from before.

Agent Smith

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »
Wow, what a great episode, every episode seems to get better and better! If only I discovered this show earlier! I liked Chuck taking charge, can't say that I like Shaw too much yet.

Offline claire

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 08:05:43 PM »
Ok, why is no one posting here? Does everyone live on the west coast? This episode was fantastic. I always loved Awesome, but the way he was included this time was brilliant. He came in quite handy when it came to saving Shaw. And I couldn´t stop laughing when he was creating that ridiculous cover story for Ellie. By comparison Chuck is a natural liar. He decapitated a bear while jogging, really :D. And Chuck saving that with the hilarious drunk Casey story was the cherry on top.

Also loved how they handled Chuck behaving around a gun.

Offline jherb

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 08:14:49 PM »
This was a very good episode!  I really like how they have focused the show. .they have kept "first things first", and have stopped trying to do too much.

The whole Chuck and Sarah thing was kept to the end. .I think that was good too. 

So. .Shaw is married.  .and how should we interpret that when the enemy is "the ring"    

Texski

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 08:17:07 PM »
Haven't warmed to Shaw, though I did feel sorry for him at the end. It looks like he may have lost his wife, perhaps a fellow agent?

Liked Angie, she's great. Devon stress - made me a little uneasy. Too much tension maybe?

Didn't terribly connect with the BM finale fight scene. Was hoping for the Chuck/Intersect to be a little more assertive.

The BM stuff wasn't too bad. I actually lol'ed when the guy recoiled off the electrified fence (though I probably shouldn't have, lol)

The little line from Sarah about "sometimes it's good to know you have something worth losing". Looking forward to see if that will play out in a bigger way this season.

Liked that Casey is sort of looking out for Chuck, though he obviously isn't really on board the Chuck train. Can't blame him for that.

All in all, a good episode. I wouldn't say it's the best the show has done, but still very entertaining.

pendragon7421

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »
I loved this episode- Second only to 3.02.

Angie Harmon was brillant casting- There was a part of me that was thinking, oh yeah I would totally sign up with The Ring if they sent Angie Harmon to recruit me ;D

I liked how Shaw pushed not only Chuck, but Sarah and Casey as well!!!  And, while his intro was great, I can't wait to see what the other secrets Shaw has to share. .Brillant job adding that little scene at the end to hook the viewers.

I also liked Morgan and the Buy More story- its good to see Morgan growing up, and I thought Ellie's reaction to his news was very heartfelt!

Finally, some very nice Chuck and Sarah moments- Not too over the top but definitely "bubbling underneath".

Funniest scene of the season so far- Awesome and Chuck trying to lie to Ellie!

kagamork

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 08:36:27 PM »
Chuck vs Operation Awesome was...awesome.

This was one of the more gripping spy plots that I can remember. In fact I found it so gripping that it severely affected my enjoyment of the Buy More subplot. When the spy stuff would give way to the Buy More I would say "No! Go Back!" This isn't to say that the BM plot was bad or boring but that the spy stuff was top notch.

Harmon and Routh were very good this episode. I like that they immediately added a bit more depth to the Shaw character than I was initially expecting with the ring at the end. They set Shaw up to be somewhat unlikeable in the way he handled Team B, but I liked him a lot even before the small revelation at the end. I immediately got the sense that he had a lot more in common in Chuck than the viewer may have initially thought, and I am excited to see where his arc takes us. Seeing him in this episode makes me rethink a lot of ideas I had regarding where his arc would go.

Devon was great this episode. I've enjoyed seeing him being taken out of his comfort zone, and it allowed for some nice comedic moments for him aside from just proclaiming everything to be "awesome."

The Chuck and Sarah stuff was minimal but just enough to make the viewer remember how they really feel about each other.

All in all, a great episode. The best episode so far this year, and it is probably only topped by a few episodes in season 2.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:45:16 PM by OldDarth »

siskj

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:52 PM »
Amazing amazing episode. Shaw is gonna be a lot of fun to watch--he's really starting to shake things up for the team.

Offline Kevan

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 09:15:27 PM »
Okay, so Shaw at the end with the wedding band?  Remembering a long-lost fiancee/wife as he watched over the happy scene?

I don't like him and I shudder to think he'll be around for 7 more episodes, but I think he might be planning to force Chuck to deal with his insecurities.  Taking away the safety net of Sarah might be a means to that end.

I don't like condescending and arrogant characters.  Over the next 7 episodes they'll probably humanize Shaw and make him more of a mentor, but I hope they don't make him a Bryce clone.
"Charliebaby, look what I did -- I made an oopsie!"