At the risk of sounding like a broken record, episode was great and the show continues it's streak of really good guest casting. I like the depth they appear to have given Shaw and the character growth they've been giving everyone else. Well maybe except Jeff and Lester, but then again half (or maybe all?) their charm is how insanely oddball/childish they are. Can't say I completely loved the episode though. Story wise and everything it was great. something just felt "off" about the way Routh chose to play Shaw to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I guess I just need to let it grow on me.
Of particular interest:
- Awesome and Chuck's "lie"? Brilliant! I also love how quickly they paid off that joke at the end when Ellie took Casey's wine
- The misunderstanding between Devon and the Security Guard was a laugh too.
- Fight Club is one of my favorite recent films so I appreciate the reference, and yep I picked up the music cue too and had a big dopey grin on my face.
- Chuck doesn't want to use guns. but apparently has no issue possibly electrocuting a guy to death? To each their own I guess!
- While I loves me some meaty drama, I appreciate the way they're playing Chuck and Sarah's relationship right now. You can see the chemistry there every time they talk/look at each other at this point. Little tid-bits like "It just wouldn't have been the same without you" are just icing to me. Though like others, I really wonder how they're going to pull off the Shaw/Hannah possibilities without making it seemed forced now.
I'm sure more will come to me later as I rewatch, but for now I just need to brace myself for another week long wait