Author Topic: Chuck fanart done by me  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Spreadthenerd

• Agent With A Gun
  • Spreading the Nerd
Re: Chuck fanart done by me
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 12:40:16 PM »
You deserve every word! I'm glad to hear that everything is going great. Catch up soonas you're missing some fantastic episodes, has a S1/2 vibe like they promised. :D

Holiday Season has been good to me, being asked what I want and for some reason I can't think of anything! I have everything I wanted so have nothing to ask for. :D

Hope the Crimbo season is going well!

Good to hear from you again buddy!
Inspired by THE Ronnie Barnes!

Casey: You're looking for this?
(gives Chuck his Stanford student ID)
Chuck: You stole my ID?
Casey: I borrowed it to reactivate it. Sorry I couldn't wipe the idiot grin off your face with photoshop.

Offline bobagundam

• Agent-in-Training
  • Door Kicker
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 05:22:12 PM »
Although I missed Shaw's return on Chuck vs The Santa Suit I did catch last week's episode! Planning not to miss this week's episode over at my sister's place.

Good to hear the Holiday Season was good to you and that you were content. Same here!

And now, onto some Christmas-themed art that I was aiming to complete a few days before Christmas but just now finished inking. I'll post the hand-colored versions soon. These were both fun and sad to do so I hope it does some justice!

Offline bobagundam

• Agent-in-Training
  • Door Kicker
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »
From my 2nd most personal favorite Chuck and Sarah moment, the 1st being when they first met over at the Nerd Herd Desk of course: Chuck giving Sarah his mother's Good Luck Charm Bracelet from Season 2's Ep. 11 "Chuck versus Santa Claus"!

Will post my hand-colored piece when done.

Yeah, I am still working out the details on the earlier sketches I posted.  :P 

Offline Spreadthenerd

• Agent With A Gun
  • Spreading the Nerd
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 03:52:45 PM »
Fantastic 'sketches' as usual, personally I'd call them masterpieces! Love the scene choices, 2 of the best C&S moments in my opinion. I want to see those colours please!!! Keep up the good work.

Also why don't you have Boba Fett or a Gundam pic? We all know those clone troopers can't hit squat.  :o

Hope you had a happy holiday and new year as well!  :D

Casey: I borrowed it to reactivate it. Sorry I couldn't wipe the idiot grin off your face with photoshop.

Offline AgentMel

• Envies Lester's Parcheesi prowess
  • Administrator
  • Agent With A Gun
    • ChuckTV.net
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 09:33:09 PM »
These are terrific! You've got quite a talent.

Offline bobagundam

• Agent-in-Training
  • Door Kicker
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 05:15:40 AM »

Finally got done hand-coloring these with Copic Sketch Markers. Drawn on 9x12 Canson Marker Pro Layout paper, scanned on a standard Canon printer...which is why they barely fit, lol.

Spread the Nerd, yeah the "boba" part instantly says "Star Wars Bob Fett", but its actually "boba" tapioca pearls in Milk Tea drinks one can get in local Chinatown or specialty shop. Been searching for this SD Gundam avi I have on file but can'r locate at the moment.
Oh and Clone Wars Clone troopers actually rock  8)  .its the Stormtrooper that can't aim  :P!

Had to retire the Bionic Woman(am still in love with Michelle Ryan!) and it was also a hint that Yvonne had also tried to audition for the Bionic Woman lead before landing the Sarah Walker role. ;)

Mel, thanks! Appreciate it!

Offline bobagundam

• Agent-in-Training
  • Door Kicker
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 05:22:01 AM »

Same style markers and paper. Used a Crayola Sky Blue pencil to do the rest of her Orange Orange hoodie jacket.

Offline Spreadthenerd

• Agent With A Gun
  • Spreading the Nerd
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 11:08:42 AM »
'boba' Tapioca drink.  I remember those!!! They're great. I used to drink them a lot when I was little, now I can't really seem to find many these days in the UK. :(

Being from a Chinese background I love tapioca type desserts or whatever.  :D

Just looked at the artist sig.
I spell my first name with an extra 'L'  :)

Great work as usual, keep it up. ;)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:22:50 AM by Spreadthenerd »

Offline bobagundam

• Agent-in-Training
  • Door Kicker
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 01:50:03 AM »
Thanks! For the Season 1, I didn't want to draw a whole Christmas tree, which would have taken forever, so I tried to do more of a silhouette thing.

Boba drinks rock! There a quite a few places in Vegas to choose from. I don't have a particular favorite or an actual "regular" but do tend to order the Taro Pudding a lot. Avocado and Coconut are other two flavors I order often.

Good to know another "Will". My full first name only has one "L". Both my parents are Filipino and there is Mandarin Chinese on my father's side.  But it would be cool to learn Cantonese and more Filipino Tagalog.

Since its nearing Chinese New Year's maybe I should do a "Bamboo Dragon" or "Sizzling Shrimp" themed drawing...I prefer "Garlic Shrimp" :)

Offline Spreadthenerd

• Agent With A Gun
  • Spreading the Nerd
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 03:02:40 PM »
Good to hear! I love the coconut flavoured one. I have a good friend who is Filipino, I only know the gist of Tagalog and a few simple words.

I know bits of Cantonese from my Parents and talking Grandparents. I wouldn't say I'm fully fluent, my Parent's weren't too fussed sending me to a Chinese School to learn. I just learn when everyone starts speaking Cantonese instead of English. :)

Hmmm.  I love seafood, favourites Crab, Lobster and Calamari! :D

Offline bobagundam

• Agent-in-Training
  • Door Kicker
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »
Am working on that "Sizzling Shrimp" themed drawing as we speak. I did miss out on the local Chinatown celebration on Monday.
Hope to post this as well as the other two by today.

Good to hear you have a good Filipino friend. I admit my bias towards Cantonese is mainly because Bruce Lee is Cantonese! But I really do prefer Cantonese-style Chinese food over the standard fare.

My parents always spoke to us in English in the household growing up. From what I can remember of my father's Chinese-Filipino relatives...they mainly spoke Tagalog and English. I assume Mandarin was hardly ever spoken even amongst themselves. 

Okay, back to drawing and coloring.

Offline Spreadthenerd

• Agent With A Gun
  • Spreading the Nerd
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 04:42:40 PM »
I've got a few Filipino friends, yep Bruce Lee is awesome but so is Ip Man if you haven't seen that film I recommend you do. Hope you post the artwork up soon my friend. Have fun colouring! :)

Offline bobagundam

• Agent-in-Training
  • Door Kicker
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 04:24:46 AM »

Its been 4 months and this is still a WIP but am almost there, heh. What originally started
as a quick drawing has now become a more detailed one.

Been tied up with work and stuff. Orignally wanted to finish this up before the S5 DVD release but as the saying goes, "Too much inspiration...but not enough time or talent."

Good thing I am not a starving artist and don't heed any deadlines since this is all personal fan art time for me!

Offline bobagundam

• Agent-in-Training
  • Door Kicker
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 01:07:50 AM »
Fell behind on all my Chuck fan art. I didn't forget, I just had little time to complete them and also limited access to the internet as I have to make do without regular access. I don't even own a smarty-pants phone to post phone pics, lol.
Yeah, its a bummer!

Even though the series is no longer and many fellow fans don't frequent the boards as often, I do hope to see more art here from everyone else!