Author Topic: Promoting Chuck  (Read 2780 times)

Offline garnet

• Agent With A Gun
Promoting Chuck
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:47:19 AM »
This is just a possible way of getting a few more viewers.

My sons went on a school band trip and were allowed to bring discs with them to show on the bus's DVD system. They took season 1 of Chuck thinking that they might get to watch an episode or two. Over the course of the 3 day trip the students watched ALL the episodes of season 1 and when they arrived at their destination the students pooled their money to buy Season 2 to watch and raffle off after the trip.

Net gain, about 35 new Chuck fans (students and parents).

If you have someone going on a school trip and videos are allowed think about sending along a season of Chuck.  :)

Offline AgentMel

• Envies Lester's Parcheesi prowess
  • Administrator
  • Agent With A Gun
    • ChuckTV.net
Re: Promoting Chuck
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
Great story, garnet! Props to your sons for thinking to share Chuck with their band friends.

Offline garnet

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »
Thanks Mel,
The only thing I'd add is that officially (here at least) season  is rated PG season 2 is PG14. The party line was that PG was OK Pg 14 not so much. So if you plan to try this, season 1 may be your best bet.

Offline Leo99999

• Junior Agent
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 01:35:46 AM »
Also, iPod's are THE BEST at getting people interested in the show. So far I've converted about 10 people to fans of the show solely due to showing them the first episode on my iPod

Offline AgentMel

• Envies Lester's Parcheesi prowess
  • Administrator
  • Agent With A Gun
    • ChuckTV.net
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:29:53 AM »
^Like!

Offline Jackyo

• Agent-in-Training
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 02:47:55 PM »
a few days ago I got my friend to watch first episode of Chuck, and now he got all the seasons, and currently watching, the end of s3, atleast something :)

Offline TheMBC

• Agent With A Gun
  • Finally made an avatar.
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 09:44:48 PM »
I just kept talking about the show around a friend of mine. They both at first were tired of me talking about it and thought it was lame (as per usual with my girl friends) until one of my friends said "I should watch Chuck, huh?" jocularly. So I gave her season one and she fell in love with it. She's still watching through season one though, last I heard she made it up to Hard Salami.

Offline essens

• Asset
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 05:07:05 AM »
I just kept talking about the show around a friend of mine. They both at first were tired of me talking about it and thought it was lame (as per usual with my girl friends) until one of my friends said "I should watch Chuck, huh?" jocularly. So I gave her season one and she fell in love with it. She's still watching through season one though, last I heard she made it up to Hard Salami.

u got skills with girls

Offline Ilzairspar

• Full Agent
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 04:04:14 PM »
So I gave one of my co-workers season 1 of Chuck, and while he's not as obsessed as I am he just downloaded season 2-4.19 so he can catch up.

He's suppose to give me back my DVD's this week so I can give them to a new victim...er I mean another co-worker.  :)
AMY: I told you to keep an eye on The Doctor.
RORY: He'll be fine, he's a Time Lord.
AMY: It's just what they're called. It doesn't actually mean they know what they're doing.

Goodbye Sarah-Jane Smith, you will be missed
Elizabeth Sladen 1948-2011

Offline rickfromIllinois

• Agent With A Gun
  • Retired U.S. Army
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 02:11:38 PM »
I would like to see the "Watch Chuck campaign" renewed.   If enough people started watching it on Netflix or WB we just might see some interest generated in a Chuck movie, and though highly unlikely, perhaps some other network bringing the show back.   I don't really think that it will happen, but hope springs eternal.

Offline NolaLaura

• Asset
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 09:47:44 PM »
That'd be great.  I'm just now discovering this series.  I'd love to see a movie or something happen.  Such a good story.

Offline skidder

• Asset
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 03:45:01 PM »
I agree - and there's a twitter campaign gearing up for to tomorrow - #wewantachuckmovie

Offline rab23us

• Asset
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »
Would love to see it as a netflix add on like arrested development.
Ron B.
Central Illinois

Offline garnet

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 10:42:16 AM »
I think a netflix series would be many fan's hope. I would love to see it too!

Offline jammer345

• Asset
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 07:55:19 AM »
I think a netflix series would be many fan's hope. I would love to see it too!

This is my hope as well, it would give creative license to expand the characters beyond the restraints of network TV.