Author Topic: Season 2 Episode 11 "Chuck vs. the Santa Claus"  (Read 57756 times)

Moe

Re: Season 2 Episode 11 "Chuck vs. the Santa Claus"
« Reply #300 on: December 18, 2008, 10:09:16 PM »
Speaking of the bracelet scene, I can't help but laugh when Chuck says he's over in the romantic comedy section. 
On the right there's a Jaws 3 DVD over his shoulder.  :D
On the left there's "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot" .

Yeah! When I heard him say he was in that section, I checked out the movie behind him to get the same conclusion as you lol!

Offline dzeims

• Agent With A Gun
  • Nothing, or nothing you can see.
« Reply #301 on: December 18, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
Any idea what the DVD is just to the left of Jaws?
Hmm, I didn't know Jaws 3 was originally shown in 3D.  Only saw the TV version.
The synopsis for Stop has kind of a familiar ring to it:
Eventually the film draws to a denouement involving the title of the film and a revelation that even though she seems frail and weak she is capable of strong actions in some circumstances, I.e. when her offspring is threatened.

Funny how after watching Chuck its a given that there's a refresher on a bunch of movies I've not thought of in years.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Chuck:
vs The Prequel
vs The One That Almost Got Away

Offline TechNerd

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #302 on: December 18, 2008, 10:38:38 PM »
For a "life imitating art" moment - The SciFi channel will be running a Twilight Zone marathon this year starting New Year's Eve and running through New Year's Day.

http://www.mahalo.com/Twilight_Zone_Marathon
"What can I say? I am an articulate schnook."

Offline dzeims

• Agent With A Gun
  • Nothing, or nothing you can see.
« Reply #303 on: December 18, 2008, 10:44:16 PM »
^ lol!  Sounds like its time to begin a new holiday tradition. :)
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Chuck:
vs The Prequel
vs The One That Almost Got Away

Offline TechNerd

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #304 on: December 18, 2008, 10:56:49 PM »
^ lol!  Sounds like its time to begin a new holiday tradition. :)
Yup. ..Time for some heartwarming! Break out the PJ's and eggnog!!!  :D
"What can I say? I am an articulate schnook."

siskj

« Reply #305 on: December 18, 2008, 11:04:34 PM »
Speaking of the bracelet scene, I can't help but laugh when Chuck says he's over in the romantic comedy section. 

Yeah! When I heard him say he was in that section, I checked out the movie behind him to get the same conclusion as you lol!

Maybe he's facing the romcoms. Do we have a cap of the DVDs behind Sarah?

501eia

« Reply #306 on: December 18, 2008, 11:09:14 PM »
The one telling thing I noticed in the beginning was how quickly she started talking about her past Christmas.  A few episodes back she was ready to kill him for trying to pry into her past.  This time she did say she didn't want to talk about it and then 10 seconds later without proding she nows tells it easily.  This shows just how much she and they have grown together and how comfortable she now feels when he's around.

501eia

« Reply #307 on: December 18, 2008, 11:21:31 PM »

Sarah was sitting in front of CD's not DVD's.  Here is a screencap.

phantom4

« Reply #308 on: December 19, 2008, 05:42:14 AM »

Oh my look at that smile.  I think my heart is warmed.  ;D

Offline osced

• Agent With A Gun
  • A ocean of possibilities!
    • My Blog
« Reply #309 on: December 19, 2008, 07:27:23 AM »
He is becoming so "smooth" and at ease with her. . familiarity, I guess. . but that made the ending scene all the more hard to take.  At the end, he couldn't even talk to her, really.  I think that was what she picked up on as being a "red flag" that something is wrong.
She was pretty upset when she came back to Buy More and she could easily missed it, the only thing she needed was Chuck and he was the only thing on her mind.
She could have seen it when she is showing Awesome and Ellie the bracelet, she did look at Chuck in the moment.
But she had a lot on her mind and she was not vigilant in that moment, I wonder if she even had seen a "bad guy" in that moment.

Chuck holding Sarah's hand and stroking it after giving her the bracelet was a really nice, touching moment (sniff - OK, I am soft like pudding!)
Chuck did really brake her wall in that episode, especially in that scene  ;D Chuck can really touch her buttons, we saw that many times in this episode.
"Jill if it looks like a bomb and ticks like a bomb, then generally it's bomb"

Offline FrankieRider2

• Agent With A Bowl
  • Agent With A Gun
  • The Pudding Patrol Administrator
« Reply #310 on: December 19, 2008, 08:00:31 AM »

Yes, she's sitting down in front of a rack of the "20th Century Masters" music CD sets of various artists.  Most retail outlets carry that music series.

phantom, that entire seen will just make you warm and toasty all over. . just like the holidays should.   :) 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:03:06 AM by FrankieRider2 »

Offline FrankieRider2

• Agent With A Bowl
  • Agent With A Gun
  • The Pudding Patrol Administrator
« Reply #311 on: December 19, 2008, 08:12:30 AM »
Chuck holding Sarah's hand and stroking it after giving her the bracelet was a really nice, touching moment (sniff - OK, I am soft like pudding!)

Hey, there. . got room enough for me in that bowl too?  What's your favorite. . mine's butterscotch!  LOL

I loved how during this shot below she started trying to pull her hand back away a little bit when she was talking about not being able to take that gift, and he wouldn't let it go.  I think that in part led to the full-eyed shot we saw just a few seconds later on where the realization hit her at what he was really saying. .

Sorry for the larger caps. . this dang full-screen format my station is apparently broadcasting in now.  Grrrr.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:18:44 AM by FrankieRider2 »

OldDarth

« Reply #312 on: December 19, 2008, 08:32:01 AM »
Nice screen caps folks.

The bracelet will come into play in many ways.  Its a symbol of the Chuck and Sarah relationship. It will tie into the Chuck/Ellie/father storyline.  It will also be the alert, to General Beckman probably via Casey, that Sarah has become compromised.

richard973

« Reply #313 on: December 19, 2008, 09:31:29 AM »
If Chuck meant to give the bracelet to Sarah as a gift to symbolize his love for her and this implies that she be his real gilfriend. Wouldn't this effectively change their cover to real. He would expect to go on non cover dates, and get all the benefits that come along with said realtionship. Was he just saying it to Sarah, to imply yeah we don't have the normal BF/GF relationship and I know it is not going any further but I just wanted you to know that I think of you as my GF and these feelings are real.

Between the whole gift exchange Sarah was the one who threw the real girlfriend comment out there. It was Chuck that acknowledged it but he did not put that out there. So in essence by Sarah accepting the gift and all it implied she is acknowledging Chucks feelings for her and it changes the realtionship on the emotional trust level but does it really change on the surface. Did Sarah just accept that they are in a real realtionship.

Because even if the Sarah did not shoot that guy I cannot see these two just throwing caution to the wind and start dating for real and having makeout sessions in Sarah's appartment.

Offline osced

• Agent With A Gun
  • A ocean of possibilities!
    • My Blog
« Reply #314 on: December 19, 2008, 09:41:20 AM »
What I saw was that Sarah asked Chuck if she's his real girlfriend and his answer was that he thinks that she's his girlfriend. But I see that their relationship isn't so much like a real one, but with that bracelet they both accept that they are together and this is enough for both of them.

But with that they can act more relaxed with their cover dates when them for now is real. Like the date in the first episode in season 2.
"Jill if it looks like a bomb and ticks like a bomb, then generally it's bomb"