Author Topic: Season 5 Episodes 12 & 13: Chuck Vs Sarah and Chuck Vs The Goodbye  (Read 37378 times)

Offline happydayz

• 'Hallmark For Spies' Senior Card Writer
  • Global Moderator
  • Agent With A Gun
    • Happydayz3 on Twitter
Re: Season 5 Episodes 12 & 13: Chuck Vs Sarah and Chuck Vs The Goodbye
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 09:53:12 PM »
I won't say too much tonight, because I'm hoping I will feel differently after sleeping on it.

I will say the acting was incredible. Such an incredible cast, and Zac and Yvonne were especially on their game. Inspired performances.

That ending though, left me pretty disappointed. I wish I had found something hopeful in it, I just wasn't feeling it. Two hours of downer with a less than satisfying ending.  :( Please let me feel better about it when I wake up tomorrow. .

Offline jsteed

• Full Agent
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
I thought both episodes were incredible. I am not surprised that the ending is being criticized and certainly understand but I actually don't have a huge problem with it. I would of preferred the series to end with Sarah getting her memories back but I actually believe that she remembers after the fade out. I really thought I was going to be more disappointed than I am right now with the ending. Just too many great scenes and one of the more emotional episodes of the series. One of my favorite scenes was the montage of Sarah watching her own confessional of handling and eventually falling in love with Chuck.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:55:50 PM by jsteed »

Offline mr_harrison75

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 09:58:21 PM »
Sarah initiates the kiss with Chuck, already remembering some things and already falling in love with him again. And what came before? Top notch stuff! I agree about the acting; Zac and Yvonne really delivered in both episodes.

Mel;

Zach and Yvonne's acting, and that Chuck and Sarah beach scene was the only saving grace of the entire finale for me.

Not bad, but not very impressed. Could've been much, much better, and would've been much better if they would've left all well alone, and Chuck and Sarah having their house and family; though it is kind of implied that it will happen, it would've been nice to see it!!!

Quinn was not a very good villain; bring me Volkov or Shaw any time! And 5.12? I won't say a thing about it.

Now I understand why YS didn't want to share her expectations of the Finale.

I'm sorry, but mister Fedak screwed it up big time!

At least, Chuck and Sarah are together. And Sarah gets her memory back...kind of. She loves Chuck, believes him and want to spend the rest of her life with him. I'm happy with that, but very disappointed with how they dealt with the finale.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:01:33 PM by mr_harrison75 »

Offline Obleebah

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 10:05:02 PM »
I really feel left wanting.  I guess maybe because it's the end and I don't feel like I have resolution.  Where's the Fedak claim of great endings leave us feeling that the characters are moving on to the next great adventure.  That didn't happen. 

All charcters recieved closure except the two most important characters.  The two characters who have carried the show. Here are my ratings:

Acting, especially Zac and Yvonne:) A+
Story including callbacks, except for last five minutes:) A
Camera work and special effects:) A
Final five minutes, the most important part of the finale: (Dropped the ball or missed the mark ): B-

It could have been an A if they just would have given us just a five second certainty that her memories had returned.  But no great adventure or resolution in this one.  Just leaving us HOPE for an off-camera resolution.  Well, there's always fan fiction to tell what should have happened.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:09:58 PM by Obleebah »

Offline Nicksap

• Asset
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 10:05:40 PM »
Mel, Zach and Yvonne's acting, and that Chuck and Sarah beach scene was the only saving grace of the entire finale for me.

Not bad, but not very impressed. Could've been much, much better, and would've been much better if they would've left all well alone, and Chuck and Sarah having their house and family; though it is kind of implied that it will happen, it would've been nice to see it!!!

Quinn was not a very good villain; bring me Volkov or Shaw big time! And 5.12? I won't say a thing about it.

Now I understand why YS didn't want to share her expectations of the Finale.

I'm sorry, but mister Fedak screwed it up big time!

At least, Chuck and Sarah are together. And Sarah gets her memory back...kind of. She loves Chuck, believes him and want to spend the rest of her life with him. I'm happy with that, but very disappointed with how they dealt with the finale.
Chuck and Sarah are together? Where did you see that? Hopeful thinking.. I guess. Sarah gets her memory back? Must of fallen asleep during that part.. She loves Chuck, and wants to spend the rest of her life with him. Wow, your really grasping at straws. What I saw was 5 years of character development go down the drain.

Offline albrink

• Junior Agent
  • morning coffee
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 10:06:45 PM »
For five seasons I've read as folks complain about the writing.  This show is the result of a creative process.  It is the writers' creation.  I have loved every minute of it.  Maybe I might have written some things differently, but that is b/c I am me and not Chris Fedak.  I appreciate what they have given me.  I enjoyed it.  I loved it. It has been a delight for five seasons.  It has brought me incredible joy and pleasure. 

And so has participating in this forum.

Once those pokey folks at WB get this out on DVD I will buy it and watch it repeatedly. 

If you don't like it - be done with it.  But please don't whine about it endlessly.  Okay, express your displeasure, but then let it be.

Offline CaptMediocre

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 10:12:59 PM »
Dissappointed

The episodes tonight had a very season 3ish feel to them. And I don’t mean that in a good way, but in a “its hopeless and whatever I do she leaving anyway and I won’t chase after her”  kinda way.

It did not work for me. I wish it did.

Having the final scene at the beach was always something I wanted to see. But I’m with those who say the TPTB “pooched” the ending. It left me “unsatisfied”.

S5 should have started this way, not ended this way.

Maybe I’ll feel different tomorrow.

Offline jmf4

• Asset
  • N7
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 10:15:37 PM »
For five seasons I've read as folks complain about the writing.  This show is the result of a creative process.  It is the writers' creation.  I have loved every minute of it.  Maybe I might have written some things differently, but that is b/c I am me and not Chris Fedak.  I appreciate what they have given me.  I enjoyed it.  I loved it. It has been a delight for five seasons.  It has brought me incredible joy and pleasure. 

And so has participating in this forum.

Once those pokey folks at WB get this out on DVD I will buy it and watch it repeatedly. 

If you don't like it - be done with it.  But please don't whine about it endlessly.  Okay, express your displeasure, but then let it be.

I think Chuck will always hold some sort of spot in my heart regardless of its ending (and my feelings towards it). I just think there will be a lot of criticism due to the sense of ownership and investment so many individuals have towards Chuck as a show. In part, perhaps those of us expressing criticism are really just trying to be convinced that the finale was good and proper so that we can come to grips with how we are feeling now.
Don't be hasty

Offline Aces

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2012, 10:20:22 PM »
I won't say too much tonight, because I'm hoping I will feel differently after sleeping on it.

I will say the acting was incredible. Such an incredible cast, and Zac and Yvonne were especially on their game. Inspired performances.

That ending though, left me pretty disappointed. I wish I had found something hopeful in it, I just wasn't feeling it. Two hours of downer with a less than satisfying ending.  :( Please let me feel better about it when I wake up tomorrow. .

I'm with happydayz on this. Exactly how I feel. They said the finale was supposed to be a love letter to the fans. Well, I expect to feel happy after reading a love letter and I don't after watching the finale.

I'm not going to comment further until I have a chance to sleep on it. Assuming I have time.

In the meantime, you folks know me as an engineer, so I got solve a problem. According to a flash on himself in "Chuck Versus the Alma Mater" Chuck was born on Septebmer 18, 1981. Therefore Chuck received the Intersect from Bryce on September 18, 2007. In the pilot, Sarah shows up at the Buy More the very next day. Assuming day 1 of her vidoe log was September 19, 2007, that would make day 564, April 5, 2009. That's the day before "Chuck vs. the Dream Job" aired.

Offline AgentMel

• Envies Lester's Parcheesi prowess
  • Administrator
  • Agent With A Gun
    • ChuckTV.net
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2012, 10:25:03 PM »
It was obvious to me that Chuck and Sarah were together and would remain together. Maybe it's not obvious to everyone. I've known since I watched the episode on Wednesday night that this would be debated endlessly. Glad I had time to brace myself for the hatred.

Offline Nicksap

• Asset
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 10:27:37 PM »

I think Chuck will always hold some sort of spot in my heart regardless of its ending (and my feelings towards it). I just think there will be a lot of criticism due to the sense of ownership and investment so many individuals have towards Chuck as a show. In part, perhaps those of us expressing criticism are really just trying to be convinced that the finale was good and proper so that we can come to grips with how we are feeling now.
Agreed, TPTB left us with nothing but assumptions and wishful thinking. Being told what happened to you for the past 5 years is far different than experiencing it first hand. NOTHING was indicated that she will ever truly remember her past, and anyone saying that is fooling themselves. A truly sad way to end such a wonderful show. As far as being whiny, Iv'e dedicated many hours to watching this show, and I'll say whatever I want as often as I feel it's pertinent to this conversation. Thx for your advice though.

Offline albrink

• Junior Agent
  • morning coffee
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 10:31:39 PM »
Say, my husband and I want to know all the nick-names of the nerd herders that were helping find Sarah...Fernando was_______, Skip was "twinkie", etc.  Sort of like the seven dwarves.  One gal was "starbuck". Who was who?  Did Jeff and Lester have nick-names on their screens?  It all went by so fast.

Offline Jackyo

• Agent-in-Training
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 10:32:28 PM »
Well, I would've preferred a better ending but still I loved the episodes, the acting was just.  well how to say it? AMAZING! The ending could've ended better with abit of a confirmation that she actually started to remember, but I'm fine with what we've got, now I'm gonna go to sleep and try to think positive instead of just thinking that it's actually over.  It's been a great ride, really. Words can't even describe how much I miss it right now :(

Offline mr_harrison75

• Agent With A Gun
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
Chuck and Sarah are together? Where did you see that? Hopeful thinking.. I guess. Sarah gets her memory back? Must of fallen asleep during that part.. She loves Chuck, and wants to spend the rest of her life with him. Wow, your really grasping at straws. What I saw was 5 years of character development go down the drain.

Sarah did say that she loves him, right (or maybe I'm imagining things?)? And she did tell Chuck to kiss her after he told her their story? She loves him, she wants to be with him, and Chuck obviously loves her and wants to be with her; so that means they are together again, right?  ::) As for her memories, I said kind of, so there.

It was obvious to me that Chuck and Sarah were together and would remain together. Maybe it's not obvious to everyone.

Mel, I'd like to hear what you have to say about that; why it is obvious they are together and would remain so.

Offline TUTigers

• Junior Agent
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 10:32:51 PM »

I agree, we spent five years building Sarah into a caring, warm person but it looks like that character died in bullet train. And both episodes of the finale were so depressing with Sarah constantly rejecting Chuck till the last two minutes. Knowing this was the set ending point I don't see how that was in any a love letter for the fans. Similar to the beginning of season three I might just have to pretend the Quinn arc never happened and the show ended at 5.09. Can't believe out of the five potential finals they had every one was done well except for the real one.