Author Topic: Chuck fans - LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGN  (Read 41276 times)

DarthRazorback

Chuck fans - LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGN
« on: March 25, 2009, 11:04:23 PM »
NBC's Chuck
3000 W Alameda Ave
Burbank, CA 91523

Also:

Angela Bromstad
100 Universal City Plaza
Building 1320E 4th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608

And:

Ben Silverman
3000 W. Alameda
Admin Building
Burbank, CA 91523

In the ratings thread, Rachel posted this great letter that I think everyone should see and use as a model for writing NBC about your love for the show.

First of all, let me say that writing a letter to the network is one of the MOST EFFECTIVE forms of viewer strategies.  The networks READ THEM.  They take them to heart.  They bring those letters to meetings.  They pass their content around.  They ignore, almost completely, Internet polls and e-mails (though, if you know the right people, an e-mail can get passed around, and I have seen it work).  So, this is OUR CHANCE to make our voices heard.  So:

WRITE your letter..  and try to model it somewhat after Rachel's.  Her letter is perfect.  I could not have done much better.  But MAKE IT YOUR OWN. 

BE RESPECTFUL; do not threaten to never watch NBC again; state your heartfelt love for the show; tell them why you want it to stay on the air; commit to buying products advertised during the show; and mention that you are NOT a Nielsen member and that you want your voice heard.

Here is Rachel's letter from the other thread:

My name is Rachel , Iím seventeen and from Connecticut, and Iím writing to let you know that I am a huge fan of NBCís Chuck.  Iíve followed the show religiously since the pilot and never miss an episode. I love the mixture of comedy, action, and romance, and the cast is one of the best on television.  Zac Levi and Yvonne Strahovski are immensely skilled actors and make the show incredibly funny, sexy, and heartfelt, as do Adam Baldwin, Sarah Lancaster, and Joshua Gomez.  I love the nerdy references the show makes every week, and that the geek will (hopefully) get the girl at the end.   I can safely say there is no show on television like Chuck, and certainly no show that I enjoy more.
   Because I love the show so much, I watch Chuck on my DVR at least three times during the week, not including when I watch live at 8:00 PM on Mondays. As such a big fan, Iím doing all I can to get the word out about my favorite show but my family is not a member of the Nielsen family, so my views arenít counted with ratings, and I donít have iTunes, so I canít buy episodes from iTunes. I watch on NBC.com/Chuck and Hulu.com throughout the week because I know those numbers count.  Iím also an active member on the chucktv.net/forum message boards, where weíre doing all we can to get people excited about Chuck.
   Iím writing to ask on behalf of Chuck fans everywhere to please give the show a chance at a third season.  Chuck is in one of the toughest timeslots on television and continues to hold its own against fierce competition.  The cast is fantastic, the story is compelling, and the show deserves another season. Please give Chuck a Season 3 and make Chuck fans the happiest fans in the world!
               Sincerely,

Rachel

You can make a difference, TONIGHT.  Write your letter..  hand write it if possible (they love hand written letters), and send it off tomorrow.  Even if you are from a different country..  write.  They will listen to you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:06:15 PM by DarthRazorback »

reen426

Re: Chuck fans - LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGN
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:34:37 PM »
That address is proven correct, right? Don't want all these letters going to some random place ;). I'll write mine tomorrow.
I think it's important to state your age in the letter too. Just so NBC knows this fan base is very diverse. And adding that your not a Neilsen client is important too :)

buymoriaking

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 12:08:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure that's correct. I found that on a blog site, someone who works on the WB lot. So far, Mel has not mentioned it's the wrong address, so I'll assume it's correct.

DarthRazorback

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 03:16:40 AM »
I have written my letter and am sending it out in about 2-hours.

rstacy

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 04:28:44 AM »
I have written my letter and am sending it out in about 2-hours.

My letter will be sent with the mailman picks up this morning. Great idea DR and Rachel!!  :)

DarthRazorback

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 06:38:30 AM »
If you know anyone else who loves the show, get them to write one too.  Every letter is important.  In this case, you CAN make a difference just by writing less than you normally do on the Internet.  It just requires slightly more effort.  putting it in an envelope.  writing stuff on the envelope.. putting a stamp on it.  and sending it. :)

fangirl1923

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 07:06:16 AM »
I definitely think that writing to NBC is one of the most effective things we can do to help the show. But I also want to throw in another letter writing idea. I think it would be a good idea to write to the sponsors of the show and let them know how much you appreciate the fact that they are supporting the show. In particular, I think it would be a good idea to write to Subway, since they are actively promoting the show.

If you only have time to write to one place, I'd say write to NBC, so that we can concentrate our efforts there. But if you want to keep writing, write to the sponsors, too.

DarthRazorback

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 07:25:48 AM »
Writing to the sponsors on behalf of Chuck is a great idea.  but once you start making it too complex, people begin to tune out.  People tend to like their efforts simple. :)  That is why they click on Internet polls.  It makes them feel like they are doing something.  even if it isn't.

fangirl1923

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 07:40:26 AM »
Writing to the sponsors on behalf of Chuck is a great idea..  but once you start making it too complex, people begin to tune out.  People tend to like their efforts simple. :)  That is why they click on Internet polls.  It makes them feel like they are doing something..  even if it isn't.

Oh, I agree.

richard973

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 09:30:50 AM »
Here is my attempt. I think I touched on everyone of Dr's points.

To whom it may concern,

My name is Richard. I am a 35 year old male and my wife is a 29 year old female living in Connecticut . We are both huge fans of the NBC show Chuck.

I am writing this letter to let you know how much we enjoy the show, Chuck. Rarely on TV can you find a show that brings spy action, comedy, drama and romance together is such a well crafted package. The writing on this show is top notch. The story lines are unique and the relationships that the show explores make you feel like you are part of their world for that delightful hour each week. I would like to especially mention the phenomenal cast. Zachary Levi (Chuck) is the hero we all hope to be. He is the everyday working man saving the world at $11 per hour. Zachary brings such a goofy charm to the role, he is a great comedic actor who brings allot of dramatic depth to his character. Yvonne Strahovski (Sarah) is such a phenomenal actress. She brings nuances to the role; her emotional scenes are some of the best on TV. The  romantic  chemistry between Chuck and Sarah is what really separates this show from its counter parts. Levi and Strahovski play off each other so well that you cannot do anything but smile when they are interacting. Adam Baldwin (Casey) lightens the mood with the occasional grunt or sarcastic remark that have my family and friends laughing so hard that our sides hurt. This trio of great actors plays so well off each other that in my humble opinion they are the best cast on TV.

I have watched this show live since the pilot, I am proud to say that I have not missed a single episode. I purchased season 1 on Blue ray and I re-watch the episodes after they air on NBC.com and discuss the show with other great fans like myself on various Chuck message boards including the great fan site Chucktv.net and the official Chuck message boards. I have gotten my friends and family to watch the show and now they are Chuck fans as well. Sadly, I feel our viewership is not being considered because we are not a member of the Nielsen's. I have read allot of positive reviews and press that praise the show, as one of the best on TV. This show has received critical acclaim and it should be secure for another wonderful season. However, I am concerned that there is talk that my favorite show in years might not be coming back for a much deserved third season.

I am writing the letter on behalf of my family and friends. Chuck is the best show on television, it is unique and has the best cast, however it is in the toughest timeslot in television. It is holding itís own against some pretty tough time competition. Please NBC renew Chuck for a much deserved third season. You would make this Chuck fan and the millions of others that tune in each week very happy.

Sincerely,

Richard

buymoriaking

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 11:53:34 AM »
Richard, beautifully written. I pretty much did the same thing.

I think it's important to include 3 parts to the letter:

1. Praise the cast, letting them know what a phenomenal cast they have
2. Mention the various forms of media I.e. NBC.com, Hulu, Itunes/Amazon, DVDs
3. If you're not a Nielsen family (the majority of us), let it be known to NBC.

One thing that I added was thanking NBC for picking up the show in the first place. I mentioned my gratitude to them for taking a chance on a show like Chuck, and hope they renew the show for a very much deserved season 3.

Ivy Gabrielle

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 12:21:57 PM »
I'm in the process of writing my letter. I might even include a pic that shows my LOVE for the show.

sharky

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 01:42:15 PM »
Good idea! Although I would suggest instead of NBC's Chuck, you send the letter to Jeff Zucker, President & CEO of NBC Universal. Sending one to Ben Silverman, co-chairman of NBC Entertainment, is also a good idea. I don't know if they have a mailbox for "NBC's Chuck" per se but they do have one for those two guys. At least that's where I sent all my cards during the writers' strike.

Also, if you don't have the time or energy to write a letter, you can always send postcards. During the WGA strike, I bought a package of perforated postcards from Staples. Cheaper than sending a letter, quick and to the point, and still stuffs up their mailboxes.

fangirl1923

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 02:02:01 PM »
Good idea! Although I would suggest instead of NBC's Chuck, you send the letter to Jeff Zucker, President & CEO of NBC Universal. Sending one to Ben Silverman, co-chairman of NBC Entertainment, is also a good idea. I don't know if they have a mailbox for "NBC's Chuck" per se but they do have one for those two guys. At least that's where I sent all my cards during the writers' strike.

sharky, is the address that's posted above correct? Since you mentioned sending letters to JF or BS, I'm wondering if there's a different address these should be sent to.

richard973

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 02:06:51 PM »
I will send 10 copies to ten people if it helps. Tell me who and where to send it.