We recently took a peek at projects that the cast of Chuck has coming up (Yvonne’s movie in theaters today! Killer Elite! See it this weekend!), so this week I thought we’d take a look back at some of the roles they had prior to landing the Best Job Ever.
- A Man Called Jayne – Adam Baldwin has been in the biz since he was 18, but before becoming John Casey, I knew him best as Jayne Cobb on the short-lived, but well-loved Joss Whedon series Firefly.
- A Preppy Dubbed Kip – You know how Zachary Levi so perfectly inhabits the geek role as Chuck Bartowski then switches seamlessly to the suave Charles Carmichael? Take a look at his role as Kip in Less Than Perfect, an ABC sitcom that featured Zac as an uber-preppy metrosexual climbing the corporate latter at a network news office.
- A Blonde Named Rachel – Another cast member who’s been acting since they were a teenager is Sarah Lancaster. She starred in Saved By The Bell: The New Class for three seasons in the ’90s, playing fashion obsessed Rachel. A natural blonde, Sarah dyed her hair brown to play Chuck’s sister.
- A Hunk Called Riley – Before he was Captain Awesome, Ryan McPartlin played Riley, the much younger love interest of Fran Drescher on the short-lived sitcom Living with Fran. Semi-awesome.
- A Geek Named James – The Buy More was a downgrade for Joshua Gomez: before he took his computer repair skills to Burbank, he spent a season playing James, a computer tech for the (fictitious) FBI Missing Persons Unit on Without a Trace. His season 3 upgrade to CIA operative brought him back up on par with his previous gig.